Monday, April 15, 2013

Our new Normal

I am learning a bit, now, about life with dogs!

There are certain joys that come - like, the laughing smile the dog has on his face, and that adorable greeting, even when I've just gone into the bathroom and come back out again!  It is like, "Hey, lady, I haven't seen you in a month!  So glad you made it outta that room alive!  YIPEEE!!!!"

I love our Teddy Ruxpin!

I am seeing, again, just how much energy goes into the proper raising of a dog! 

Daily walks- good news is - my jeans are fitting me again - nicely - not snugly! 

I am walking nearly a mile if not more, every day.

Tonight, all 3 kids and I played heartily with doggy!  We had him running, jumping, spinning, swirling, chasing all his doggy toys, THEN, went for a good walk/jog.

When we got home, he VERY willingly ran into his kennel (for dinner, and water) and laid down, immediately, and has been sleeping peacefully since.

I am finally figuring out the key to "good" kenneling - it is a very intense workout session before night-time.  :)

I am very bummed, though, that with all the time spent acclimating Teddy to our home, we have not been able to get to the shelter three times a week to walk Those pooches.  I hope as things settle down some here, we can keep going at least that often.  We have made it once a week, still.

No comments:

Post a Comment